Can we cure and prevent corona virus infection using ozone therapy?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus please refer – WHO
You can refer more technical documents related to Novel Corona Virus published on WHO
Q&A on Novel Corona Virus Provided by WHO
Now Coming to the main topic on Possibilities of Using ozone, ozone therapy & routine daily activities to cure and protect against coronavirus infection
Things to remember and understand before reading and interpreting this article.
- Ozone is a very strong oxidizing agent.
- Ozone in the form of gas if inhaled in excess quantity is harmful to humans.
- Ozone is already being used to sterilize and disinfect water, seafood, vegetables, fruits, waste water, sewage, effluent, and other items.
- Today ozone is already being used for various medical applications like disinfecting medical equipment, treating infected wounds, circulatory disorder, geriatric disorders, macular degeneration, viral diseases, rheumatism and arthritis, cancer, SARS, AIDS. (Reference – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320759.php#uses)
- Although ozone is a gas, developments in technology mean it can be used in several forms and different ways, including: ozonated olive oil applied directly to the body, insufflation – a risky therapy where ozone is blown into the rectum, autohemotherapy – where blood is withdrawn, mixed with ozone, and put back into the bloodstream. (Reference – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320759.php#uses)
- Please read this detailed article about ozone at to understand in detail –https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312702/
- Never ever do medical application of ozone by self without professional supervision. Especially when it comes to inhale ozone in gas form. Being uncertain avoid inhaling ozone in any quantity.
- The NIOSH recommended exposure limit for ozone is 0.1 ppm (0.2 mg/m3). According to NIOSH, Ozone levels of 5 ppm or higher are considered immediately dangerous to life or health.
Virucidal effect of ozone.
Oils containing ozone disinfect hands as well as hand sanitizer
One of the most important ways to prevent the spread of germs is handwashing with soap or alcohol-based hand sanitizer. This is particularly important in hospitals.
But another method can be at least as good — after washing your hands in regular tap water with soap, use ozonated oil for deeper disinfection.
Another benefit of using ozonated oil for hand disinfection is that it does not cause skin irritation and dryness that can be associated with hand sanitizer.