How to Make an Ozonated Olive Oil Mask for Smoother, Radiant Skin
Can I use ozonated olive oil on my face every day?
Because ozonated olive oil is heavy oil, using it as a face mask every day could clog pores and create unwanted blemishes, especially if your skin is already prone to oiliness. Use this ozonated olive oil face mask twice weekly and you’ll achieve beautiful results. You can, however, use ozonated olive oil as a daily eye makeup remover. Simply add a few drops to a cotton ball, gently wipe the eye area, and rinse thoroughly.
What can I mix with ozonated olive oil for an effective face mask?
To boost the benefits of an ozonated olive oil face mask, I’ve added a few simple ingredients that help skin look smoother and more radiant. (As with any new skin treatment, do a patch test on your skin first to make sure it doesn’t adversely react to any ingredients.)
Raw honey (preferably Manuka honey) is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, which helps prevent acne. Raw honey is also a humectant, which increases your skin’s water content and reduces dryness, plumping the skin and leaving a lovely glow.
Fresh orange zest contains vitamin C, a key ingredient that protects against skin damage from UV rays and pollution. Vitamin C helps in the formation of collagen—skin’s support system—and fights free radicals, improving your skin’s texture and reducing wrinkles.
Egg yolk helps lock in skin’s moisture, leaving it softer and more supple. It hydrates and nourishes dull skin, making egg yolks a good choice if you have dry skin. If your skin is oily, substitute an egg white for the egg yolk. Egg whites help tighten skin, shrink pores, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The protein and collagen found in eggs help promote skin elasticity and strength.
Vitamin E oil is an antioxidant that easily absorbs into the skin and helps reduce damage from UV rays. Applied topically, it nourishes dry skin and neutralizes free radicals that contribute to wrinkles and brown spots.
DIY Ozonated olive Oil Face Mask
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Tbsp. ozonated olive oil
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1 vitamin E oil capsule
- 1 egg yolk (for dry skin) or 1 egg white (for oily skin)
- Makeup brush
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a small container, mix the ozonated olive oil, honey, and orange zest.
- Break open a vitamin E oil capsule and add the contents to the ozonated olive oil mixture.
- Add the egg yolk or egg white to the ozonated olive oil mixture; whisk until well blended.
- Using a soft makeup brush, apply a generous layer of the olive oil mask to your face and neck, avoiding the eye and mouth area. Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with warm water; rinse with cool water. Apply your favorite moisturizer to face and neck.
- Store the remaining mask in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Makes 2 applications.
Tip: Apply the ozonated olive oil mask after getting out of the shower while your pores are open and your skin can benefit most from the extra hydration.