HOW IS OZONATED OIL MADE?
It is produced by using very high quality, cold pressed virgin oil which is put through a manufacturing process referred to as ‘ozone injection’. This process involves bubbling the ozone into the oil for a fairly extended period until it is ready for use.
BENEFITS OF OZONATED OILs
Ozonated oil is most commonly used for the skin. It can be applied directly to the skin in exactly the same way that you would use a skin cream or salve.
It has properties that can help stimulate regeneration of skin cells while also being able to sterilize and clean wounds. Ozonated oil can also reduce inflammation, ease irritation and speed up healing.
OZONATED OIL FOR THE SKIN
As we have mentioned, ozonated olive oil is mostly used to support healthy skin and treat a wide variety of skin conditions.
1) FOR ACNE AND ECZEMA
As a topical massage paste, the ozonated oil acts as a natural antioxidant which allows for toxins and lactic acid to be released from your pores which cleanse the skin and helps get rid of dirt and bacteria.
This and its antibacterial qualities makes it a useful natural treatment for acne while it is also used effectively to treat many chronic skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. As well as its ability to cleanse the skin, ozonated oil helps ease irritation and reduce redness and swelling of the skin.
2) FOR WRINKLES
Because of its antioxidant actions, ozonated olive, grapeseed, sweet-almond oil can also be used to eradicate some of the signs of aging like wrinkles and diminish the appearance of age spots.
OTHER USES FOR THE SKIN INCLUDE:
- As a moisturizer leave it on for 20 minutes before removing it
- To reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- To relieve sunburn
- To treat infections of the sweat glands
- Yeast infections of the skin
- To break down cellulite
3) OZONATED OLIVE OIL FOR THE TEETH
I would never have thought that olive oil was good for your teeth but if you are one of those people who would prefer to avoid those trips to the dentist, ozonated olive oil may be just what you need.
A study published in 2012 investigated the use of ozonated olive oil to treat certain periodontal conditions in 20 subjects. They found that when ozonated olive oil was used as an adjunctive treatment to root planning or scaling it resulted in significant improvements for the participants who used it. (1)
- Experts recommend that you apply it to your gums with a cotton swab or a toothpick or even add a few drops to your toothbrush to brush your teeth with.
4) FOR HERPES
There is no scientific evidence that ozonated oil can work as a long term solution for herpes but the internet is awash with anecdotal reports that it is an extremely effective short term treatment.
- For cold sores, apply the ozonated oil to the affected area 3 times a day until your sores have subsided.
5) FOR ATHLETES FOOT
If you suffer from Athletes foot or nail fungus, then ozonated coconut oil may help.
- First, soak the feet in the bath or a bowl for ten minutes or so and then dry your feet making sure that you attend to the areas between your toes.
- Once they are dried properly, apply your ozonated oil around the affected areas of your feet and toes.
- Repeat the process several times a week for at least 3 weeks even after the condition has improved.
6) FOR SORE MUSCLES
If your muscles are sore and aching after a hard day on your feet or an intense workout session, you can rub your ozonated oil into your sore muscles to help ease the pain.
7) CUTS, BURNS AND WOUNDS
Ozonated oil is often used successfully to treat minor wounds, lesions, burns and bites.
A recent study conducted on guinea pigs found that animals treated with ozonated olive oil experienced significant recovery in their wounds compared to animals in the non-ozone group. The researchers concluded that ozonated oil could be used to enhance skin wound healing. (2)
8) FOR BABY DIAPER RASH
Ozonated olive oil is a safe and natural treatment for your baby’s diaper rash. It contains none of the harmful chemicals found in some over the counter creams and should help ease your baby’s discomfort and ease any swelling or skin wounds.
9) AS A DEODORANT
It may sound odd but a dab of ozonated oil under the armpits can help you smell fresher for longer.
- To use it as a deodorant, simply apply it under your arms and anywhere else that is prone to sweat and body odor.
- It will help to oxidize the bacteria which leads to body odor.
Try it out and let us know if it works.